Tuesday, September 15, 2015

You're Beyond Cool

My first card today was created for a friend who has thyroid cancer and will be receiving radiation therapy this week. She quoted the lyrics from Radioactive by Imagine Dragons and I had to giggle at that. I decided to make her a card to brighten her week while she's in isolation. I started with some pink cardstock from the Color Crush Ki 6x6 paper pad from Hampton Arts and embossed it using the Spots & Dots embossing folder from Cuttlebug. I took some cute retro circle washi tape from Recollections and edged the card with it and a small strip of black cardstock from Stampin' UP. I die cut the sunglass frames from the Paper Smooches Incognito stamp and die set using the same pink cardstock and then cut the lenses from the same black cardstock. I used some black Wink of Stella glitter pen on the lenses to add some cool shimmer to them and then glued them into place using some Tombow Mono adhesive. I stamped the "you're" and "cool" from the same Paper Smooches stamp set and then added the word "beyond" using Lawn Fawn's Claire's ABC's alpha stamp set. The black triangles are from The Cat's Pajamas County Fair die set and were mounted up using foam dimensionals from Stampin' UP. A few scattered rhinestones from The Paper Studio and some dashed lines around the focal panel complete this card I created for my fellow crafty friend. The interior of the card reads "You're radioactive!" I'm sure she will get a kick out of it! 


No comments: