Sunday, November 22, 2015

From Our Home To Yours

My card today was created for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Theme Challenge family and friends. I started with a plain white card base and layered on a few pieces of patterned paper from the American Crafts Hot Cocoa 6x6 paper pad. I just love these yummy papers and they just scream winter and holidays to me. I stamped the gingerbread couple from the Avocado Arts Gingerbread Goodness stamp set onto some plain kraft cardstock from The Paper Studio and fussy cut them out. I stamped the house from the same stamp set onto the patterned papers and fussy cut them out as well. I popped the roof and the gingerbread couple up off of the card using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set and added some black dashed lines around the outer edges of the focal panel to give it some added detail. I added some candy red and frosted lace Stickles to the snow bank, the roof and chimney lines, to the gingerbread couple, and on either side of the sentiment for some sparkle and shine. I mean, what's a Christmas card without some sparkle and shine, right? I hope you like it!


8 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Too cute Celeste, Gingerbread men are one of my fave images for Christmas cards and you have reminded me that I haven't used one this year... much fix that! thanks for the inspiration!

Pam Sparks said...

this is darling Celeste! I love gingerbread ppl!

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as cute as can be Celeste, such a sweet card!!

Kajcyika said...

I love this card! It's really perfect! :)

Daniela Dobson said...

This is adorable!! Love the gingerbread house.

Leigh Penner said...

Super cute!

Becca Cruger said...

Soooooooooo cute and so dimensional! This had to take a ton of work, but it totally paid off! Love it!

Deborah Frings said...

What a super gingerbread couple! Love the peppermint house too and the faux stitched detail is super. Thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at 52CCT this week!