Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Some Of My Best Friends Are Flakes



My second card today was created for the Virginia's View Challenge all about glitter, the Time Out Challenge to use a snowflake, and The Paper Players tic-tac-toe challenge. I started by added some cherry red cardstock onto a white card base. I cut a smaller panel and embossed it with a snowflake embossing folder by The Paper Studio and layered it onto my card. I die cut some patterned paper from the American crafts Jolly 6x6 paper pad using a pierced circle die from My Favorite Things. I popped it up using some Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and added it to the center of my card. I cut apart one of the panels of a small cocktail napkin that my husband brought home for me. I wish I knew who made it but try as I might my search for it online came up a bust. Anyway, I cut one of the panels out and mounted it onto some cardstock for stability and then I added a nice scalloped, decorative border using a punch by EK Success. Once the napkin panel was adhered I popped it up off of the card using more foam dimensionals and added some nice bling with some Christmas red and Frosted Lace Stickles onto the snowman, some clear Wink of Stella glitter pend around the outer edges of the cardstock, and some shimmery and iridescent sequins that I picked up at my local dollar store. I think it turned out so adorable!




12 comments:

laurie said...

The snowflake background is so pretty, and I love the bit of sparkle on the ear muffs. CUTE! Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Nonni said...

What a funny sentiment and cute card! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT Challenges!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is adorable! I love it!

Peanut said...

Oh that card id just toooo cute, Celeste! Love it.
x Asha

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Awe, this is so cute and adorable. Love the sentiment. Have a terrific and wonderful weekend.
Hugs

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how cute it this, love the earmuffs!!

stampwithsandy said...

So cute!!! The little snowman is adorable and that sentiment is the best! Thanks so much for playing along with my Tic Tac Toe challenge at The Paper Players, Celeste!

Shona Chambers said...

All of those embossed snowflakes are glorious, love that they are all different shapes. And love the snowman with his glittered ear muffs, he's so adorable. So very glad you joined us at TIME OUT!!

Becca Cruger said...

hehehe - Love that sentiment! This is an absolutely adorable card. Love the dry embossed background.

Twenty Five Smiles said...

Awwww this is so sweet! Love his ear muffs!

Jill V said...

Pretty card - lots of fun textures and colours! I especially love the glittery earmuffs - so sweet! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Vicki Dutcher said...

Super fun snowman -- love the ear muffs~