Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Happy Wishes

My last card today was created for the latest Lawnscaping Challenge. I have never been very good at painting, especially watercoloring. I've watched plenty of YouTube videos on a variety of techniques but I've never really been able to master the whole art form. Given that in mind, I chose to participate in this challenge and use some very simple shapes that I didn't think I could do much damage to, so to speak. LOL. I started with a piece of Strathmore cold press watercolor paper. I prepared the paper using my powder tool because I planned on embossing my images to help keep the paint from mixing around too much. I stamped out the adorable lanterns from the Lawn Fawn Lunar Lights stamp set as well as one of the sentiments using Versamark ink and then heat embossed all of them using some black detail embossing powder by Recollections. Using my Simply Art watercolor palette I colored the images in using reds, dark pinks, blues, and greens. I masked the images and the sentiment using some Inkadinkado masking paper and splattered on some Ranger Distress Spray Stain in black soot. I heat the whole thing with my heat tool to dry it and then popped the whole panel up onto a white card base using some 3M foam tape. I then added a few dots here and there using a gold gel pen by Forever In Time. I hope you like it!


1 comment:

Samantha Casey said...

Cute lanterns! I love the colors! Thanks so much for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha