Sunday, February 28, 2016

Happy Easter


I typically don't create a lot of Easter cards but I do always send one to my little granddaughter and wanted to get started on hers now. I started with a white card base and layered on a piece of patterned paper from Doodlbug Design Springtime 6x6 paper pack. Love their bright and whimsical patterns! I then die cut a white card panel using a stitched rectangle die from Gina Marie Designs and die cut the grass using the same stitched rectangle for the bottom and a Paper Smooches die for the top and layered it onto my white panel. I stamped the adorable egg and chick images from The Alley Way Stamps Spring Has Sprung stamp set onto more of the Doodlebug patterned paper and the cloud from the Paper Smooches Spiffy Scooter stamp set onto some white cardstock. I fussy cut them out and edged them with my dual-tipped tuxedo black Memento marker to give them a nice clean edge. I stamped the sentiment onto some white cardstock and then die cut it out using the bottom edge of a tag from Paper Smooches and the Gina Marie Designs rectangle die. I did the same thing on more of the patterned paper to layer underneath the tag. I popped all of the adorable images up using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals and mounted them all onto the card. A scattered a few clear sequins in 6 mm and 4 mm from Pretty Pink Posh around the images and called this card done. I know Journey will love it...I hope you do too!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is super cute!!

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet card! I love your paper-piecing!