Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Bookmarks For A Friend

Don't be shocked but today's project isn't a card project! I almost never do anything but cards but I have a dear friend who is having a tough time recovering from cancer (both lung and thyroid) who asked me to make a few bookmarks for her. She was very specific about the quote she wanted to include on the project but left the rest up to me. I absolutely adore my Unity Stamp Company Angie girl stamps and thought these images would make the perfect companion to the quote. So, I started with some Copic-friendly white cardstock and printed the quote onto it using a font on my Windows Office program. I then stamped both the images from Unity Stamp Company's Go Get It Girl and Dream Of Being stamp sets. I colored them in using my Copic alcohol markers. If I might brag on myself for a moment, I'm pretty proud and pleased with the hair on them both. I think my coloring skills are improving! I then did some partial die cutting using a fun tag die from Paper Smooches and then backed them with some pretty patterned paper (sorry...I forgot to photograph the back). A co-worker of mine laminated them both for me and then I added some pretty bashful blue seam binding ribbon from Stampin' UP to finish them off. I hope my friend likes them as much as I do!

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I'm sure your friend will love them!! So sweet of you to make them for her.

Cheryl said...

What an inspirational quote. Thinking this may need to be a new product line... I'd purchase some. Beautiful.