Sunday, August 28, 2016

Spooktacular Birthday

Today's card was created for my best friend's birthday and because I used a stamp that I've never inked up before I thought I would enter in the latest NBUS challenge. I started with some Strathmore coldpress watercolor paper and stamped the witch image from the Unity Stamp Company's Esmerelda Girl stamp set and the moon and bat image from Craft Smart using Versafine onyx black ink. I poured on some Zing clear embossing powder and set it with my heat tool. I watercolored the image using a variety of Tim Holtz distress inks. Once I was satisfied with the watercoloring I spritzed on some Tsukineko frost shimmer spray for some shimmer and to add a bit of distress to the watercoloring. I mounted the whole panel onto my white cardbase using Sookwang mounting tape so the panel would warp the card. I then inked around the edges of the card using black soot distress ink. I stamped Happy Spooktacular Birthday on the inside. I know my friend will love it...I hope you do too!


2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow, great Halloween card Celeste!!

Darnell said...

I do love it, Celeste, and if I were the friend who was getting this work of art, I would frame it! You put a lot of talent, love, and care into creating it!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #7! (I tried to follow again and still can't ~ so frustrating! At least the subscribe button worked for me so that's good!) Hugs, Darnell