Sunday, October 16, 2016

Coffee And Cards With Celeste And Deb-Part 3

Hello, and thank you for stopping by! For our third week of our month long collaboration my crafty friend Debra Davison and I decided to do a fall themed card. Years ago, when I first started making cards I was mainly purchasing 12x12 paper pads, which I quickly learned were too large scaled in pattern to work for a standard A2 sized card. The larger patterns just get lost on such a small surface. As a result, I have a large collection of 12x12 papers that I am hoarding, waiting for the right moment to use them. While digging through my stash of papers I discovered a paper pad that I had purchased years ago to create a family themed mini photo album and felt they would be perfect for my fall themed card. All of the papers are from the Simple Stories Generations paper collection. I started with a floral base and layered on some craft paper on top that I added some dimension to by popping it up with some 3M foam tape. I then die cut some of the patterned papers from the collection using a Jillian Vance fishtail banner die. I arranged them onto the card and popped them up using more foam tape. I die cut some very small circles from more of the same craft cardstock using a My Favorite Things pierced edge circle die. I then stamped all of the coffee images onto white card stock using the Unity Stamp Company Coffee Side By Side stamp set. I colored the images using Copic markers, added glossy accents to a few of the images and some Stickles to others and then fussy cut them out. I mounted them directly to each little circle and then adhered them directly onto each banner. I stamped the sentiment in a dark charcoal brown ink from Gina K Designs using The Latina Crafter's Need Caffeine stamp set. I added some dark brown baker's twine to the ends of the banners and some dark brown faux stitches around the inside edge of the focal panel and called this card done. As for my coffee choice this week, I actually opted for a Chai Tea Latte from Panera's. Yesterday was a beautiful day and after a 3 mile run, laundry, grocery shopping, a haircut, and catching up with a couple of friends I opted to end my day with a nice Greek salad, a small cup of warm pumpkin soup, and a latte! It was the perfect ending to a long but wonderful day! Now, pop on over to Deb's blog, Meticulosity and show her some love! 

6 comments:

Debra Davison said...

Having such fun with our crafty collaboration ... Absolutely love your coffee card !!

StampingbugKerry said...

Love the fun mix of pattern on the banner. I too have a huuuuuuuuge collection of 12x12 paper.

Lynne Mizera said...

Great Card... love how you created that banner... I need help with my banners... yours is lovely! Jut popped over from Debra's blog... this is such a lovely idea... TFS!

Waving My Wand said...

So cute, Celeste. The Chai Tea Latte sounds delish too!

Waving My Wand said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like the little banner!! This is darling. Terrific warm colors too!