Monday, January 9, 2017

Merry Christmas

           
Today's card was created for the latest 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown. I love this fun sketch and had just picked up a new pad of Christmas papers from Blitsy.com and I thought I would give it a go! I started with a white card base and layered on some pretty patterned papers from the American Crafts Very Merry 6x6 paper pad using the sketch for the layout. I die cut a circle using a Gina Marie Designs cross stitch edge die and layered it at the bottom of the card. I die cut a snowflake (die manufacturer unknown)  using white cardstock and layered onto the circle panel using some Stampin' UP foam squares for some added loft and dimension. I cut out one of the tags from the paper pad and fussy cut the sentiment leaving a small border around the edges and adhered it directly onto the snowflake. I drew on some faux stitching along all of the outer edges to help define the patterned papers a bit more. A few clear rhinestones onto the sentiment, the snowflake, and the corners of the card add a nice finishing detail and some extra sparkle. I hope you like this fun and funky card and thank you for visiting my blog today!


11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love how your design brings the eye right down to the pretty snowflake focal! Wonderful card Celeste!

Celeste Goff said...

Thank you Lisa!

sweet art designs said...

Great interpretation of our sketch. Thank you for sharing with us at 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown - Myrna DT

AlisonC said...

I do like it, this sketch does work well with patterned papers. It's a bright, fun card.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown. Alison DT

Lucinda said...

I really like the colours you've chosen - lovely and warm with the red and brown, for a modern Christmas feel. The fussy cut sentiment looks great, with its matching border. Thank you for joining in with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown. Lucinda (DT)

Andreja said...

I like the way you have used our sketch :-)) Your card is amazing and the big smowflake made fantastic efect.
Thanks for playing at Christmas Card Throwdown.
Hugs, Andreja

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is a wonderful interpretation of the sketch... and I love the red and brown combo! Gonna have to remember to give that a try. Have a nice weekend! :)

Celeste Goff said...

Thanks girl!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is stunning! I love the snowflake and mix of colors!

Georgiana said...

Looking good!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh wow - those papers look fabulous! That big snowflake is just wonderful. Sorry to be so late commenting! Thanks so much for playing along with Christmas Card Throwdown. Deborah, DT.