Saturday, July 22, 2017

Thanks A Melon


My second card was created for the latest Just Us Girls and Paper Players challenges. I created my card by layering some pretty floral patterned paper from the Pebbles Be Mine 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. I then created a focal panel using Stampin' UP early espresso and Staples heavy weight white cardstocks. I created a pretty open scalloped border at the bottom of the panel using a Fiskars punch. I stamped the sentiment using Gina K passionate pink ink and a Studio G alphabet stamp set. To create my watermelons I die cut some scalloped circles using a Spellbinders die. I then layered on white circles that I die cut using a Spellbinders circle die. Using a smaller pierced edge My Favorite Things die I die cut some more patterned paper from the same paper pad and layered them onto the circle stacks and then cut them in half. To complete my card I layered the watermelons in a wonky pattern using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I hope you like it!


5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is so sweet Celeste! I like those pretty little melon slices!

LeAnne said...

Yummy! Makes me want to raid my fridge for that last little bit of watermelon I have out there! Such pretty colors and sweet little melon shapes! Adorable! Thanks for using our sketch this week at the Paper Players for your creation!

Bobby said...

What a wonderful way to create your pretty watermelon, Celeste. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

Maria said...

Oh my gosh I love the pattern paper on your watermelon! Great job with this week's challenge. Thanks so much or playing along with Just Us Girls.

Nancy Thomas said...

What a super sweet card. I love the patterned paper watermelons.