Saturday, July 22, 2017

Winter Greetings

Summertime is here in Southeast Missouri and I've been spending a lot more time outdoors playing and working. As a result my creative mojo has suffered. But we are under a heat advisory here today so I opted to spend the day indoors creating. Today's card was created for the latest Send A Smile 4 Kids card challenge. The challenge, Christmas in July, is to create a holiday card appropriate for a child. I wanted to keep this simple since I will actually be donating this card and opted to not include an interior greeting. To create my card I started by layering some pretty red snowflake patterned paper from the American Crafts Very Merry 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. I then die cut a fishtail banner using a Jillian Vance die out of white cardstock and adhered it onto the patterned paper. Using the Lawn Fawn Claire's ABC alpha stamp set I stamped the word Winter onto the banner using Gina K Design ink in red hot. I then stamped the word greetings in Memento tuxedo black ink using one of the greetings from the Stampendous Snowy Stacks stamp set. I then stamped the little elf from the same Stampedous stamp set, colored him using my Copic alcohol markers, fussy cut him out, and popped him up off of the banner using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. To complete my card I added some black dashed lines all around the card and banner. I hope you like it and thank you for visiting my blog!


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Awwww, what a cute little elf! This is a darling card!