Saturday, September 30, 2017

Hope Your Day Is Magical


Today's card was created for my granddaughter Journey's 8th birthday. Her birthday was actually September 11th but she lives 2 hours away from me and between my job and her mom's job we just weren't able to get together until last weekend. As you can see from the photo she is a very girly tomboy! She loves all things blingy, glittery, fluffy, pink, and pretty. But she also loves to play with her horses in the mud and dirt like a true country girl! So, I knew she would love this adorable pegasus card. To create my card I started by stamping the images from The Greeting Farm's Spread Your Wings onto some Copic-friendly white cardstock. I colored them using my alcohol markers and then fussy cut them out. I cut a small rectangle panel and inked the background using my Tim Holtz distress ink in faded jeans. I die cut the clouds using a The Cats Pajamas speech bubble die and adhered them directly to the panel. I punched the clouds using a Fiskars punch and added some Nuvo white blizzard glitter drops to the outline of the clouds. Once they were dry I adhered the clouds and the colored images to the panel using Stampin' UP foam dimensionals. I stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set directly onto the lower clouds using Versafine onyx black ink. I then layered some pink cardstock from Hobby Lobby onto my white cardbase and then added a panel of cardstock from the We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard 6x6 paper pad on top. I matted the focal panel onto more of the pink cardstock and mounted it to the card using some 3M foam tape. I hope you like my card...I know Journey did!


4 comments:

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh so pretty! Love how bright and happy this is. Hugs, Autumn

Sybrina K said...

Oh, Celeste! I can only imagine how much your granddaughter loved her special card. :)

Lisa Elton said...

The pretty little florals in your background paper go perfectly with the unicorn! This is delightful Celeste!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

The perfect card for a grand daughter! I LOVE these ponies! And fantastic coloring!