Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Happiest Of Holidays

Hello and welcome to my blog! Today's card was created for the latest The Paper Players sketch challenge. My good friend Becky Ledbetter is a Unity Stamp Company KOTM member and is always gracious enough to lend me her kits. This beautiful image came from the October 2017 kit Conspiracy Of Love. I absolutely adore the vintage feel of this old truck and wanted to pair it with masculine papers. So, I stamped the image onto some white Copic-friendly cardstock and colored it in using my alcohol markers. I die cut the image using a My Favorite Things pierced edge oval die. Following the pierced markings I added some black stitched lines for a bit of interest and contrast. I stamped the sentiment from the stamp set onto more white cardstock and then cut the end to a fishtail banner. I chose pretty patterned papers from the My Mind's Eye 'Tis The Season 6x6 paper pad and adhered them onto my white card base in the manner of the sketch. I adhered the focal panel and sentiment banner directly to the card to finish my pretty vintage card. I hope you like it and thank you for stopping by my blog today!


9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute and festive take on the challenge! Terrific coloring on the truck Celeste, this is fantastic!

~amy~ said...

Cute! Love that image!

laurie said...

Awesome card! I love that image, and it's colored so beautifully!

Nance Leedy said...

Great card--love your coloring on the truck! The mix of patterned papers is perfect and your use of the sketch is spot-on. Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your beautifully coloured truck Celeste - that sure is a lot of trees! Thanks for playing along with my sketch challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

Beautiful coloring! I love vintage looking cars and trucks especially for Christmas!

LeAnne said...

Adorable image, works perfectly with our sketch this week! Wonderful coloring and I always love these vintage scenes! Thanks for playing with the Players this week!

Jan Clothier said...

Fabulous colouring on the truck! You've paired it nicely with masculine paper but my favourite is the plain typewriter style font. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Annie S. said...

What a great vintage truck image and your coloring is spot on! Any guy or gal would be happy to receive this during the holidays! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!