Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Good Tidings

Today's card was created for the latest Sunday Stamps card challenge. To create my card I started by layering some gorgeous Christmas patterned paper from the Heidi Swapp Noel 6x6 paper pad onto my white card base. For some contrast I chose a grayish green patterned paper from the same paper pad and cut it down to a smaller strip and adhered it down to the card. I then stamped the beautiful cardinal image from the Power Poppy Cozy Cupfuls stamp set onto some Copic-friendly white cardstock and then colored the image using my alcohol markers. I die cut the image into a shaped focal panel using a Spellbinders die. I added some black dashed lines around the focal panel as well as the contrast strip of patterned paper on the card. I popped the panel up off of the card using some Scrapbook Adhesives foam squares for some additional dimension and added some Glossy Accents to the berries and the trim on the bowls for some fun interest. Thank you so much for stopping off at my blog today and be sure to leave a comment!


4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

The deep regal red you've used is so pretty! This is wonderful Celeste!

Georgiana said...

Such a pretty image. The colors all loook so good together. Happy Holidays!

Annette Elliott said...

Wow, what colorful details you created coloring these cardinals. Your shadowing is fantastic. Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! this week. Merry Christmas!

Sybrina K said...

Celeste, This is so pretty... and you have such a great talent for layering patterned papers. Well done!